***ONLY 12 TICKETS LEFT***
TimeLine Events are pleased to be returning to the Mid Suffolk Railway for an event that will aim to push boundaries and deliver you a brilliant day of learning. Come with us on a journey that will teach and show you how to get fantastic photographs, using the urban and interesting landscape of this fantastic location as the backdrop producing eye catching images fit for any magazines, websites or of course competitions.
Immersing ourselves into the inspirational surroundings of this wonderful backwater of deepest Suffolk with all it has to offer we will use its historical locations as our backdrop to create images that jump out and bring you a twist of period fashion meets heritage.
This event is not just for making amazing imagery, we have planned the day for the enthusiast and keen amateur photographer that not only strive to make great pictures but also wishes to further the knowledge of their equipment, approaches and techniques.
This event is open to 15 photographers only.
What to expect:
- Beautiful Re-Enactors
- Steam Loco in action
- An abundance of props
- A photo opportunity everywhere you turn
- Masses of atmosphere
- Wonderful period backdrops
- Period vehicles & a horse
- A fully immersing day
- Lots of food, teas & coffees
We will explore, discuss and put into practice the following, during the event:
- Creative approaches and compositional ideas
- Shooting for magazines & competitions
- Using models inconjuction with your lens apertures to create impact
- Getting the best out of your lens and using depth of field
- Shutter speed, aperture and ISO’s for ‘people’ photography
- Shooting hand held
- Using a reflector with natural light
- Using constant light sources
- Using a live model and directing your subject
During the event there will be sufficient opportunity not only to record the inspirational scenery but also to speak with us on a one to one basis. We will have review sessions throughout the day to ensure that everyone has made the best of their time with us with short Q&A sessions and image reviews.
Things to bring along:
- Your camera
- Spare battery
- Your favourite lens/lenses
- Flash Gun (not essential)
- Spare memory cards (lots)
- Something to make notes with
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor photography
This event will start at a very reasonable 11.00 with coffees and introductions. Shooting will start soon after and we will work on location until lunchtime. Lunch will be an informal affair when we can use the time for Q&A. Our afternoon session will see us work through to around 17.30, giving us plenty of shooting opportunities. We will then break again for a BBQ (for a small extra cost) before preparing for the next dimension of our training, shooting in low light and after dark. Our day is planned to finish around 21.00.
Event cost £125.00 per person.
Images are for illustrative purposes & courtesy of various TLE Photographers, taken on previous visits to the Mid Suffolk Railway.