***ONLY 4 TICKETS LEFT***
Come with us as we return to Papplewick Pumping Station this September with professional photographer Ray Lowe who will be leading a day of learning, guiding you on how to take stunning environmental portraiture! This is an event that will aim to push boundaries of your photography, creating images fit for publication. We aim to teach and show you how to get fantastic environmental portraits, using the very unusual backdrop that is a Victorian masterpiece and produce images fit for any fashion based publication, website or of course club competitions. A perfect mix of hybrow fashion and industrial heritage will ensure you interesting and evocative images in this wonderful setting. This day is open to all levels of photographers that not only strive to make great pictures but also wishs to further the knowledge of their equipment, approaches and techniques. Ray has over 50 years experience in the photography industry and runs an award winning photography studio- Ray Lowe Studios. This is a fantastic opportunity to get expert advice from an experienced professional in this field.
This event is open to 16 photographers only.
What to expect:
- Beautiful Models
- Stunning surroundings
- An abundance of props
- A photo opportunity everywhere you turn
- Masses of atmosphere
- Wonderful period backdrops
- A fully immersing training day
We will explore, discuss and put into practice the following, during the event:
- Creative approaches and compositional ideas
- Shooting for magazines & competitions
- Using models inconjuction with your lens apertures to create impact
- Getting the best out of your lens and using depth of field
- Shutter speed, aperture and ISO’s for ‘people’ photography
- Shooting hand held
- Using a reflector with natural light
- Using constant light sources
- Using a live model and directing your subject
During the event there will be sufficient opportunity not only to record the inspirational scenery but also to speak with Ray on a one to one basis. We will have review sessions throughout the day to ensure that everyone has made the best of their time with us with short Q&A sessions and image reviews.
Things to bring along:
- Your camera
- Spare battery
- Your favourite lens/lenses
- Flash Gun (not essential)
- Spare memory cards (lots)
- Something to make notes with
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor photography
This event will start at a very reasonable 10.00 with coffees and introductions. Shooting will start soon after and we will work on location until lunchtime. With lunch being an informal affair when we can use the time for Q&A. Our afternoon session will see us work through to around 16.30, giving us plenty of shooting opportunities.
Event cost £125.00 per person.
Please note, images are to illustrate location and models for our day.