Come with us as we return to Papplewick Pumping
Station in the summer with professional photographer Ray Lowe who will be leading 2 days of learning, guiding you on how to take stunning environmental portraiture! This is an
event that will aim to push boundaries of your photography, creating images fit for publication. We aim to teach and show you how to get fantastic environmental portraits, using the grounds of this Victorian pumping station to create stunning imagery. We are also delighted to offer a special addtion to this course which is that we will have access to shoot in the on site disused underground resevoir! The resevoir (which has now dried up) is a vast underground space full of old brickwork arches and pillars and with the use of our own lighting this is a fantastic and unique location to do model photography! So join us for a perfect
mix of hybrow fashion and industrial heritage that will ensure you interesting and
evocative images in this wonderful setting.
This day is open to all levels of photographers that not only strive to make great
pictures but also wishs to further the knowledge of their equipment,
approaches and techniques. Ray has over 50 years experience in the photography industry and runs an award winning photography studio- Ray Lowe Studios. This is a fantastic opportunity to get expert advice from an experienced professional in this field. Each day will have a selection of different models so if you wanted to book for both days there would be plenty of variety!
This event is open to 16 photographers only.
What to expect:
- 2 beautiful models that will be confirmed nearer the date.
- Stunning surroundings & use of an underground resevoir
- A photo opportunity everywhere you turn
- Masses of atmosphere
- Wonderful period backdrops
- A fully immersing training day
We will explore, discuss and put into practice the following, during the event:
- Creative approaches and compositional ideas
- Shooting for magazines & competitions
- Using models inconjuction with your lens apertures to create impact
- Getting the best out of your lens and using depth of field
- Shutter speed, aperture and ISO’s for ‘people’ photography
- Shooting hand held
- Using a reflector with natural light
- Using constant light sources
- Using a live model and directing your subject
During the event there will be sufficient opportunity not only to record the inspirational scenery but also to speak with Ray on a one to one basis. We will have review sessions throughout the day to ensure that everyone has made the best of their time with us with short Q&A sessions and image reviews.
Things to bring along:
- Your camera
- Spare battery
- Your favourite lens/lenses
- Flash Gun (not essential)
- Spare memory cards (lots)
- Something to make notes with
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor photography and walking shoes as the resevoir can have soft ground in places
This event will start at a very reasonable 10.00 with coffees and introductions. Shooting will start soon after and we will work on location around the outside grounds of the pump house until lunchtime. With lunch being an informal affair when we can use the time for Q&A. Our afternoon session will take us underground into the resevoir and see us work through to around 16.00, giving us plenty of shooting opportunities and a chance for a chat with Ray at the end of the day which will finish up at 16:30.
Event cost £125.00 per person.
Please note, images are to illustrate location and models for our day. Exact models will be confirmed with images nearer to the event.